1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Shelter Bay Community, Inc is a homeowners association (HOA) for Shelter Bay, a community on Fidalgo Island, across the Swinomish Channel from La Conner. The website discusses the administration of the community, the amenities, the clubs and activities, and everything one might want to know about living here.
Shelter Bay News:
- See the Open House flyer for meetings on potential pedestrian and bicycle improvements as part of a Safe Routes to School Grant. To be held on December 4 and again on December 9, by the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community and the Town of La Conner. (Posted 11/20/14.)
- The November newsletter is on the web. (Posted 10/29/14.)
- NOTICE: At the Board Meeting of October 15th, the Board passed a motion that Members of the Community who are not in good standing will not have the privilege of addressing the Board at the Board Meetings. The Treasurer shall have a list of those who are not in good standing at all open Board Meetings. Should a member on said list attempt to address the Board, they shall not be recognized. In order to avoid embarrassment, it is recommended that a member who may feel they are not in good standing either verify their status with Office or with the Board Treasurer before the meeting commences.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. (Posted 10/24/14.)
- A web page for the Community Visioning Plan has been put up in the Members Only section of the website. Stay tuned as more content is provided as the Plan evolves. (Posted 10/22/14.)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
- Let’s Support La Conner’s Waterfront Park Project! Please see the vision for the Conner Way Waterfront Park Project for illustrations and donation information. (Posted 6/25/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 5/28/14.)