1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Latest Shelter Bay News:
- The December newsletter is on the web. (Posted 11/25/15.)
- The Boil Water Advisory Has been CANCELLED — The results of water quality testing have been received by our Maintenance Department and no signs of contamination were found. Therefore, you may use your water as normal. We do recommend that you flush fixtures that you may have not used during the advisory to remove any sediment that may have accumulated.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this period of inconvenience.
Shelter Bay Manager
- The Board of Directors has regretfully accepted the resignation of Vanessa Finch, creating a vacancy on the Board. The Board is now accepting Candidate applications to fill the remainder of her term through June 30, 2017.
Members interested in serving on the Board are asked to complete a Board Candidate Form with resume attached and return it to the Office by 5:00 p.m., Monday, December 7, 2015. The Board of Directors will then select candidates to interview for filling the vacancy. The Candidate Form is available at the Office or on the Website at Board Candidate. Thank you. (Posted 11/19/15.)
- Tribal Taxpayer Announcement (11/05/15) — If you have not received the most recent communication from the Tribe in the mail, please click on the link to find out more. (Posted 11/12/15.)
- The good news? Shelter Bay's Newsletter Editor has returned to her previous position as Office Secretary and Newsletter Production Assistant. Welcome back, Britt! Now, for the bad news. This leaves us without a Newsletter Editor. If you have a good eye for layout, are skilled in proofreading content, and have a few days the last week of each month, please consider applying for this volunteer position through the Communications Committee. Contact the committee's chair, Janelle Miner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-319-9633. (posted 11/12/15.)
- November Billing — Due to issues experienced at the end of October with Shelter Bay’s billing software program, bills will not be sent to residents and Marina tenants until the 12th or 13th of this month. You should expect to see your statements arriving by mail a few days later.
We apologize for this delay and any difficulties that it may have caused.
David Franklin, Shelter Bay Manager (Posted 11/9/15.)
- Did you feel "left in the dark" during the last storm that caused a major power outage? Did you wonder why your water pressure took a dive? Unfortunately, Shelter Bay had no means to communicate answers to these important questions. Thanks to our new Emergency Notification System, Rapid Notify, you can be "in the know" with phone, text and/or email messages! To receive important messages during an emergency, REGISTER NOW! (Posted 10/7/15.)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- New! Technology Tips to help you with the ins and outs of today's computer technology. (Posted 10/6/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- Windstorm Incident Report — What happened during the wind storm and why utilities were disrupted to portions of the Community. (Revised 9/17/15.)
- Lease Advisory Group. The Board has appointed a Lease Advisory Group to assist in their work in moving forward with the new Master Lease Proposal. Please see the complete information available in the President’s Message of the September Issue of the Newsletter. The Group will be providing a monthly report at the Board Meetings which are also located at Members/Master_Lease. Comments or questions may be directed to email@example.com (Revised 9/17/15.)
- Online Bill Pay — Welcome to the new online portal for credit card payments! There are several new features for you to use.
- - Quick pay feature, this will allow you to pay your bills without registering.
- - Look at past billing and payment history, track water usage, etc.
- - Link all your Community and Company accounts with one log-in identification.
- - Make changes to your information and service section to help with your needs.
Thank you for your patience,
Shelter Bay Office (Posted 7/16/15.)
- See the Master Lease page for the most up-to-date information on the proposed new master lease. (Updated 6/5/15.)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 8/25/15.)