1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Ice at Marina's Edge, January 5, 2016 by Don Monroe
See more photos in the Photo Gallery
Latest Shelter Bay News
- Community Awareness — This morning, 01/13/17 at approximately 0415 hours, the newspaper lady reported a vehicle prowl of a vehicle that was parked in the Marina parking lot between C and D Docks. The description of the suspect is a tall, skinny, male, wearing a grey hoodie, blue jeans and white tennis shoes. Law enforcement was contacted.
In the past month Swinomish Police have responded to one daytime burglary, as well as several RV’s broken into at the storage lot. The storage lot was accessed in the early morning hours. Stay aware and report anything suspicious to 911. (Posted 1/13/17.)
- The January newsletter is on the web. (Posted 12/28/16)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- Outdoor burning of any kind including the use of weed burning equipment, is prohibited on lots in Shelter Bay. Barbecuing on a member's property or a Community barbecue facility is not considered outdoor burning.
- Shelter Bay Community has a lending library located in the Annex Office. Feel free to donate and borrow books!
- Stop work orders have been placed on projects in Shelter Bay for doing construction without a permit. Anything you do to the outside of your home must have a permit from the Building Committee. This includes fencing, decks, roofs, heat pumps or propane tanks, painting, greenhouses, sheds, driveways, etc.
Shelter Bay News
- The Taxpayer Forum webpage has a report on the "asks" that were presented at the community meeting on Tuesday, December 6. A complete audio/visual recording of the meeting is also available. (Posted 12/11/16)
Shelter Bay Taxpayer Forum —
Taxpayer Community Forum: 7:00 p.m.Tuesday, December 6
On December 6 at 7:00 p.m. the Shelter Bay Taxpayer Forum (SBTF) is holding a Community Forum to engage community taxpayers with local tax information. Included will be reports from the Swinomish Tax Administrator and SBTF committee members who will detail committee directions and work.
Catch up on all the action and news surrounding the Shelter Bay Taxpayer Forum (SBTF) by heading to the webpage: members/taxpayerforum.html. Make sure you take advantage of the Comments section on the webpage. These comments now go directly to committee members.
See you at the December 6 meeting. (Updated 11/16/16)
- Shelter Bay Leasehold Residents – the Swinomish Tribal Tax Authority now has your improvement tax information online at:
Please visit the site and review to make sure the information is accurate.(Posted 4/29/16)
- Please see the Lost and Found page and look at the photos of two collages found in May 2014. These would be valuable to the rightful owner. Thank you. (Posted 8/27/14)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 8/25/15)