1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Latest Shelter Bay News:
- TREE REMOVED FROM THE ROADWAY BY COMMUNITY MEMBERS — On Sunday afternoon a large tree fell across the road at the corner of Shelter Bay Drive and Shoshone. Wet soil conditions and wind were likely responsible for the incident. Due to the swift efforts of Jerry Zeigler, Mike Morrell, Gary Curtis and others, the tree was removed from the roadway. Thanks to all who acted so swiftly.
Once again. Shelter Bay residents come to the rescue! (Posted 3/30/15.)
- Board of Directors posts notice (in Members Only section) concerning the Master Lease with the Swinomish Tribe. (Posted 3/25/15.)
- Don't miss the Meet the Candidates Town Meeting on Wednesday, April 1, at 7:00 p.m. Review of budget and ballot issues. It is also your 1st opportunity to pick up the Election Packet. (Posted 3/19/15.)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- Minutes and agendas for all Shelter Bay committees are posted on this website: Just go to Committees and select the committee of interest. Then go to the Minutes or Agendas for the dates of interest. Also the Board Meeting agendas and minutes are available for your perusal. (Posted 1/9/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- Notification of Wildfire Fuel Reduction Maintenance — Greenbelt Tract E and Tract A (bordering Indian Road) is scheduled for April 8-9. Greenbelt Committee Members will be present to Monitor. (Posted 3/26/15.)
- Presentation (in Member's Only section) for the Town Meeting held on Wednesday March 11, 2015. (Posted 3/11/15.)
- Register for Anacortes Senior College. Registration is now underway for 12 courses offered for the spring term, April 14-May 21. (Posted 2/23/15.)
- Electronic Delivery of Membership Meeting Notices
State RCW now allows for the electronic delivery of Membership Meeting Notices. If you would like to receive notices of Shelter Bay Community Inc. Annual and any Special Membership Meetings electronically, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or use this pre-populated email link: Email Elections Committee. Your email will contain the statement that you agree to receive any Shelter Bay Membership Meeting Notices electronically. Notices will be sent to the sender’s email address unless otherwise specified. You may revoke your consent to receive notices electronically at any time by providing us with notice of your desire to do so. (Posted 2/13/15)
- Pertaining to the recent burglaries: Ways to prevent these things from happening. (Posted 1/15/15.)
- You can now submit a Incident-Concern-Complaint form online! Just go to the Forms page, click the Online Incident-Concern-Complaint link, complete the form and click "Submit." The Shelter Bay Office will immediately receive your form and begin the process of resolving your issue. (Posted 12/30/14.)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 3/20/15.)