1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Sunset Over Shelter Bay, February 7, 2016, by Don Monroe
See more photos in the Photo Gallery
Latest Shelter Bay News:
- The following is a message from the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community Citizen Notification System
Over the last several days the Swinomish Police Department have been receiving complaints of a PHONE SCAM. The caller knows details of the person they are calling, such as the person’s name and names of family members. The caller poses as a family member and shares a story of how they were arrested and they need bail money sent to them. The scammers are both male and female. They are targeting the elderly in this area. PLEASE, if you receive a call like this, HANG UP THE PHONE. Do not send them money. This is a scam. (Posted 2/5/16.)
- Property Tax Town Hall Meeting Presentation and Audio — On Wednesday February 3rd, a grassroots group of citizens held a town hall meeting in the Shelter Bay Clubhouse to discuss the formation of a committee to address tax concerns on those properties affected by the Swinomish Use and Occupancy Tax. If you were not able to attend, we are providing a link to the audio recording and a pdf document of the slide presentation. If you are interested in the activities of this group or would like more information, please contact the Shelter Bay office at 360-466-3805 and we will forward your contact information on to the group for consideration. (Posted 2/5/16.)
- Chili Feed — Fire District 13 Chili Feed on Saturday, Feb. 20, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Posted 2/5/16.)
- The February newsletter is on the web. (Posted 1/26/16.)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- New! Technology Tips to help you with the ins and outs of today's computer technology. (Posted 10/6/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- On Wednesday January 13th, 2016 at 7:00pm, the La Conner School Board held a Q&A Town Hall Meeting at the Shelter Bay Community Clubhouse. Approximately 75 people from Shelter Bay and other communities in the school district were in attendance. There was a short PowerPoint presentation given by Tim Bruce, La Conner School District Superintendent and District Business Manager, Bonnie Haley. At the request of members, an attempt was made to make an audio recording of the meeting, but computer problems prevented the use of audio system to produce a high fidelity recording. In the end, a cellphone voice recorder was used and though the quality is poor in some sections, much of the presentation is audible. If you have any questions regarding the meeting, levy, school funding, your property taxes as they relate to school funding, please call Bonnie Haley at 360-466-3171 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be found at the District’s website at: http://www.lcsd.wednet.edu//site/Default.aspx?PageID=1369(Posted 1/14/16.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 8/25/15.)