1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Latest Shelter Bay News:
- The June newsletter is on the web. (Posted 5/29/15/15.)
- Proposed Master Lease Town Hall Meetings — The following Town Meetings have been scheduled to educate the membership on the proposed master lease:
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for last name "A" through "G"
Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for last name "H" through "O"
Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. for last name "P" through "Z"
An advisory vote is scheduled for Wednesday, June 24, 2015
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- We have a Lost and Found page on the website? If you have lost your keys or your cat, we will post it. Or if you found a cat or keys or anything else we will post that, too. Aside from the link in this item, there is a link under Quick Links, below, or under the Community tab in the left hand side Navigation links column. (Posted 4/4/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- Pool Season Is Here!!!! The upper and lower pools are now officially open. The Upper Pool is for use by adults only (21 years and over) and their adult guests, with daily hours from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. The Lower Pool is open from 9:00 am to 10:00 am for Adult Community Residents and adult guests, for lap swimming and other activities. After 10:00 am, the lower pool is available for use by members and their guests of any age, and is staffed by a Pool Attendant. Hours vary, so check with the office or on the sign posted at the pool for the specific times. Please remember that non-swimming and young children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. The Pool Attendant’s primary duty is to make certain the pool operation is safe and orderly. Members should obtain the keypad entrance codes for the upper and lower pool gates from office staff. (Posted 5/23/15)
- Recreation Tags Are Now On Sale - Recreation tags (“Rec Tags”) are now available for purchase in the office. The cost is $10.00 for the yearly Rec Tag, and $5.00 for 3-day Guest Tags. Remember, Rec Tags must be worn while using the golf course, tennis courts, and the pools. (Posted 5/23/15)
- NOTICE: At its May 20th, 2015 meeting, the Shelter Bay Community Board of Directors instituted a 120-day moratorium on new Greenbelt Permit requests beginning June 1, 2015. The Board also authorized the appointment of a Greenbelt Task Force, including a past or present representative of the Greenbelt Committee, to review and provide recommendations for the most efficient management of these Community assets. (Posted 5/21/15)
- See the master lease FAQ in the Members section of this website. (Posted 5/18/15)
- See the flyer for the June 13, 2015 Garage Sale. (Posted 5/18/15)
- Press releases from the Tribe and Shelter Bay on the new lease proposal have been posted on the New Master Lease Proposal page in the Members Only section of the website. (Revised 5/14/15)
- The Safety Committee has provided some facts on Shelter Bay Vehicular Traffic if you're curious. (Posted 5/6/15.)
- Board of Directors posts Updated Notice (in Members Only section) concerning the Master Lease with the Swinomish Tribe. (Revised 5/1/15.)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 3/20/15.)