1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Latest Shelter Bay News:
The Gold Buckle Espresso mobile coffee stand will be parked next to the main Marina on Saturday, August 1st and Saturday, August 8th from 7am to 4pm. Please stop by and try a hot or cold drink, as well as snacks. This market study will be used to determine whether there is enough interest to consider a permanent coffee stand in Shelter Bay for the convenience of the Community and boaters who are heading out for open water. (Posted 7/31/15)
- The August Rules Committee Meeting has been cancelled. (Posted 7/31/15.)
- Traffic Enforcement — Last month’s Newsletter contained the Safety Committee’s report of traffic data which informed us there was an average of 115 vehicles a day exceeding the posted speed limits in the outbound direction at the entrance. The Community convinced the Safety Committee that it is time to begin enforcing speed limits. The Board passed a Resolution at the July meeting acknowledging support for the Swinomish Tribal Police authority to enforce and cite traffic infractions. (Posted 7/29/15.)
- The August newsletter is on the web. (Posted 7/29/15.)
- Online Bill Pay — Welcome to the new online portal for credit card payments! There are several new features for you to use.
- - Quick pay feature, this will allow you to pay your bills without registering.
- - Look at past billing and payment history, track water usage, etc.
- - Link all your Community and Company accounts with one log-in identification.
- - Make changes to your information and service section to help with your needs.
Thank you for your patience,
Shelter Bay Office (Posted 7/16/15.)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- Community Members: Be aware that the office uses email for notifications of various things. Be sure to give the office your updated email address. (Posted 7/31/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- The Advisory Vote on the New Lease Proposal was approved by a margin of approval of 68.9%. (Posted 7/15/15.)
- Greenbelt Committee Meetings will be in conjunction with the following Lot Committee’s Meetings: July 16th at 9:00 a.m., August 6th at 9:00 a.m., August 20th at 9:00 a.m. This is due to Committee Member shortages. (Posted 7/6/15.)
- See the Master Lease page for the most up-to-date information on the proposed new master lease. (Updated 6/5/15.)
- Pool Season Is Here!!!! The upper and lower pools are now officially open. The Upper Pool is for use by adults only (21 years and over) and their adult guests, with daily hours from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. The Lower Pool is open from 9:00 am to 10:00 am for Adult Community Residents and adult guests, for lap swimming and other activities. After 10:00 am, the lower pool is available for use by members and their guests of any age, and is staffed by a Pool Attendant. Hours vary, so check with the office or on the sign posted at the pool for the specific times. Please remember that non-swimming and young children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. The Pool Attendant’s primary duty is to make certain the pool operation is safe and orderly. Members should obtain the keypad entrance codes for the upper and lower pool gates from office staff. (Posted 5/23/15)
- Recreation Tags Are Now On Sale - Recreation tags (“Rec Tags”) are now available for purchase in the office. The cost is $10.00 for the yearly Rec Tag, and $5.00 for 3-day Guest Tags. Remember, Rec Tags must be worn while using the golf course, tennis courts, and the pools. (Posted 5/23/15)
- NOTICE: At its May 20th, 2015 meeting, the Shelter Bay Community Board of Directors instituted a 120-day moratorium on new Greenbelt Permit requests beginning June 1, 2015. The Board also authorized the appointment of a Greenbelt Task Force, including a past or present representative of the Greenbelt Committee, to review and provide recommendations for the most efficient management of these Community assets. (Posted 5/21/15)
- The Safety Committee has provided some facts on Shelter Bay Vehicular Traffic if you're curious. (Posted 5/6/15.)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 3/20/15.)