1000 Shoshone Dr., La Conner, WA 98257 360-466-3805, FAX 360-466-4733
Latest Shelter Bay News:
- The September newsletter is on the web. (Posted 8/31/15.)
- The Board of Directors has regretfully accepted the resignation of Cheryl Westlake, creating a vacancy on the Board. The Board is now accepting Candidate applications to fill the remainder of her term which ends June 30, 2016. Members interested in serving on the Board are asked to complete a Board Candidate Form with resume attached and return it to the Office by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, September 10, 2015. The Board of Directors will then select candidates to interview for filling the vacancy. The Candidate Form is available at the Office or on the Website at shelterbay.net/pdfs/forms/Board_Candidate.pdf (save a copy to your computer / complete / re-save / email electronic copy or print & mail/submit in person). Thank you. (Posted 8/25/15.)
- Lease Advisory Group. The Board has appointed a Lease Advisory Group to assist in their work in moving forward with the new Master Lease Proposal. Please see the complete information available in the President’s Message of the September Issue of the Newsletter. Due to the power outage, the Lease Advisory Group meeting that was scheduled for Monday was moved to 3:00 p.m., Thursday, September 3rd. (Revised 9/1/15.)
- Can you say, “Earthquake,” “Liquefaction” or “Marina Fire”? Shelter Bay is on an island. In the event of a disaster (emergency response personnel are overwhelmed) we, the people, will have to take care of ourselves for many days until outside help arrives. "Community Emergency Response Team” or CERT, a national emergency preparedness program will be teaching an eight session class in the Shelter Bay Clubhouse starting on Thursday, September 17th. Classes will cover light search and rescue, triage, disaster medical operations, fire suppression and other important topics.
If “The Really Big One, An earthquake will destroy a sizable portion of the coastal Northwest. The question is when,” by Kathryn Schulz in the July 20th issue of the New Yorker, concerned you, take this CERT class to feel prepared. The class is FREE.
Also pending, advanced classes to be offered: Traffic and Crowd Management (think marina fire) and FRS Radio Communications (think lost elderly).
To enroll, call Anacortes Fire Department 293-1925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Posted 8/10/15.)
For more news, scroll down to the Shelter Bay News section.
Did you know?
- Community Members: Be aware that the office uses email for notifications of various things. Be sure to give the office your updated email address. (Posted 7/31/15.)
Shelter Bay News:
- Online Bill Pay — Welcome to the new online portal for credit card payments! There are several new features for you to use.
- - Quick pay feature, this will allow you to pay your bills without registering.
- - Look at past billing and payment history, track water usage, etc.
- - Link all your Community and Company accounts with one log-in identification.
- - Make changes to your information and service section to help with your needs.
Thank you for your patience,
Shelter Bay Office (Posted 7/16/15.)
- See the Master Lease page for the most up-to-date information on the proposed new master lease. (Updated 6/5/15.)
- NOTICE: At its May 20th, 2015 meeting, the Shelter Bay Community Board of Directors instituted a 120-day moratorium on new Greenbelt Permit requests beginning June 1, 2015. The Board also authorized the appointment of a Greenbelt Task Force, including a past or present representative of the Greenbelt Committee, to review and provide recommendations for the most efficient management of these Community assets. (Posted 5/21/15)
- On September 24, 2014, the Board of Directors appointed a Property Tax Task Force as the liaison between Shelter Bay and the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community regarding the property tax issue. As the Tribe develops its Tax Code, this Task Force looks forward to providing any assistance that may be requested and to obtain information important to the Community. Information obtained answering the many questions inherent to the issue will be provided to Shelter Bay residents. A webpage on this site, members/property_tax.html is devoted to providing the Shelter Bay membership with all of the information available on this important topic. The Board of Directors asks that members utilize the Task Force as their conduit to the Tribe. An email address email@example.com has been established for easy contact with the Task Force. (Revised 10/3/14.)
Please see the Shelter Bay News Archive for news items previously posted here and still of interest but no longer timely. (Revised 8/25/15.)